Thursday, June 7, 2012

Seed Camp




I signed up for Seed Camp.  Sammit is coming with me!  Seed Camp is an intensive weekend excursion in Sedgwick, Maine where we will learn how to save all kinds of seeds.  I'm excited for several reasons:

  1. I really want to learn how to save seeds.
  2. Sedgwick is the first city in the US to declare food sovereignty.  You can read more in this article, but basically that means people in the city are able buy and sell local foods while overriding health codes, bans, and regulations.  Read: raw milk is legal, canned goods are a plenty, cottage laws are obsolete. 
  3. We are actually camping.  In tents.  In the woods.  With Sammit's hectic work schedule we are already missing more camping than I'd like.
  4. We get 8 prepared (by someone other than me!) organic and local meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment